I have shared my posts with you from our road trip around Montenegro, Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina. We had an amazing time exploring each of the city’s we visited along we way. Is there anything better than rocking up and ready to explore a new corner of Europe or elsewhere?
Our 9 day road trip took us to each of these places….
- Climbing the walls for the perfect view from the Castle Of San Giovanni
- The old town
- Admiring the city walls
I do however regret not seeing more of Montenegro visiting Buvda, Tivat and the lady on the rocks due to time constraints. I would also like to see more of the countryside inland. I am sure I will be revisiting This beautiful country again to see it for myself.
Read more about Kotor, Montenegro HERE
- Wandering the old town
- Eating fresh seafood down cute side streets
- Climbing the city walls
- Catching the cable car up mt SRD
I would have liked to see some of Dubrovnik and its neighbouring islands but I will have to return for that and I definitely will.
Read more about Dubrovnik, Croatia Here
- Exploring the old town
- Eating yummy pizza in Diocletian’s Palace
- Viewing the city from view point
- Trendy bars along the promenade outside Diocletian’s Palace
- Island hopping
There are many islands to visit of split within easy access of the port so its easy to spend the day island hopping. I wish that I crammed more islands into my stay here
Read more about Split, Croatia Here
- Beaches we discovered
- The cute old square and port
- View of the city from the castle
Our time in Hvar was just what we needed some relaxation time from our busy road tripping and sight seeing schedule. I would like to see more of the many many islands surrounding Split and Hvar.
Read more Hvar, Croatia Here
- Visiting Stari Most
- The bazaar
- How quiet the city got after the day trippers left
- Sitting with a view of the lit up bridge with a drink
With only one day in Mostar we did miss a few bits off m list I would like to go to, such as Martin Brod Waterfall
Read more – Mostar, Bosnia and Herzgovina
It was such a fab stop off for us just for the day en route to Zadar. We spent the day admiring the beauty of this place. We walked round and swam in the water, a great way to break up a long drive.
- Seeing the beauty of the national park
- A great day trip
The only downside for us was just how busy it was. It was absolutely crammed full of tourists to the point where there is no where to sit and relax. It would be a lovely time to go before the rush in May, June, early July or alternatively or September, October (plus cheaper prices too if that appeals).
Read more: Krka National Park, Croatia
- Climbing the bell tower
- Having a relaxing day at the garden
- Visiting the sea organ as the sea got rough and listening to its tune
Due to my lack of planning on the last stop of our adventure I am sure we missed so much out. We tried to see everything we could before heading back to the airport. There are yet more islands just of Zadar which of course I wanted to visit but just did not have the time it was a choice of see the city or island.
Read more – Zadar, Croatia
And that was our road trip highlights- just like that our road trip was over… We covered 3 countries, 1 national park and 6 cities.
Have you been to any of these countries or cities? What did you get up to in our time there? let me know in the comments below↓
Take a read of the road trip series:
– Stop One: Kotor, Montenegro – Stop Two: Dubrovnik, Croatia – Stop Three: Split Croatia – Stop Four: Hvar, Croatia – Stop Five: Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina – Stop Six: Krka National Park, Croatia
Thankyou for reading